Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lynn praises DoD workers' charitable giving
Tuesday - 2/1/2011, 7:15pm EST
Federal News Radio
Defense Department employees' contributions to the 2010 Combined Federal Campaign outpaced the average federal worker by 10 percent last year, Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn said Monday.
In a ceremony presenting DoD employees' donations to the charitable giving drive, Lynn praised Defense workers for the $17.2 million they gave during the past year.
"The department as a whole is not immune to tough economic realities," Lynn said, according to a DoD news release. "While we confront these hardships, there are those out there for whom the times are even tougher. In these challenging times, their struggles are a challenge to us all."
The CFC has not yet released its 2010 fundraising total. In 2009, the campaign raised $282.6 million nationally.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)