Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Lynn praises DoD workers' charitable giving
Tuesday - 2/1/2011, 7:15pm EST
Federal News Radio
Defense Department employees' contributions to the 2010 Combined Federal Campaign outpaced the average federal worker by 10 percent last year, Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn said Monday.
In a ceremony presenting DoD employees' donations to the charitable giving drive, Lynn praised Defense workers for the $17.2 million they gave during the past year.
"The department as a whole is not immune to tough economic realities," Lynn said, according to a DoD news release. "While we confront these hardships, there are those out there for whom the times are even tougher. In these challenging times, their struggles are a challenge to us all."
The CFC has not yet released its 2010 fundraising total. In 2009, the campaign raised $282.6 million nationally.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)