Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lynn praises DoD workers' charitable giving
Tuesday - 2/1/2011, 7:15pm EST
Federal News Radio
Defense Department employees' contributions to the 2010 Combined Federal Campaign outpaced the average federal worker by 10 percent last year, Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn said Monday.
In a ceremony presenting DoD employees' donations to the charitable giving drive, Lynn praised Defense workers for the $17.2 million they gave during the past year.
"The department as a whole is not immune to tough economic realities," Lynn said, according to a DoD news release. "While we confront these hardships, there are those out there for whom the times are even tougher. In these challenging times, their struggles are a challenge to us all."
The CFC has not yet released its 2010 fundraising total. In 2009, the campaign raised $282.6 million nationally.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)