Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
OPM offers hiring reform workshops
Monday - 1/31/2011, 2:40pm EST
Federal News Radio
Monday is the last day to sign up for the Office of Personnel Management's series of workshops to assist agencies in enhancing their recruitment programs and hiring processes.
The programs are intended for HR practitioners, recruiters, staffing specialists and anyone involved in developing and administering recruitment and staffing programs.
The Effective Hiring Workshop (EHW) series is part of the Call to Service Initiative, a joint program between OPM and the Partnership for Public Service.
Agencies must register by Jan. 31 to attend by emailing OPM.
The workshops will consist of lectures, panel discussions, best practice presentations and small group exercises. OPM will use the materials and ideas developed in the series to create tools, job aids and learning modules to assist other agencies build collaborative relationships in their hiring processes.
The EHW series consists of six seminars:
- Building the foundation for manager and HR collaboration (Feb. 24)
- Down the hall or across the country: succeeding in a modern HR environment (March 17)
- Whose job is it anyway? Roles and responsibilities in job analysis and assessment (May 12)
- SME's to the rescue (July 12)
- Proving your HR/Hiring manager collaboration is improving (Oct. 11)
- Maintaining the collaboration through transition and change (Dec. 1)
The workshops will take place at the Partnership for Public Service in Washington, D.C.
Each seminar will be repeated the following month as a webinar for agency field locations.
In this climate of hiring reform, OPM has rolled out several tools to help agencies adopt the new requirements. Other tools include Mobile Assistance Teams, the HR to HR blog forum and abbreviated internet training sessions.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)