Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GSA to hold industry day for DHS headquarters
Monday - 1/17/2011, 3:53pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department's contract for the technology infrastructure at its new headquarters in Washington, D.C., will add another episode to the ongoing saga.
DHS, through the General Services Administration, will hold an industry day and small business participation event Jan. 27 for vendors on the Alliant governmentwide acquisition contract. GSA and DHS will hold the meeting in Washington.
GSA, which is running the procurement for DHS, initially awarded Northrop Grumman a 10-year, $2.6 billion contract in September to design, install, test, operate and maintain an integrated and secure IT network throughout the St. Elizabeth's campus.
But four unsuccessful bidders protested the award to the Government Accountability Office in November. GSA decided to pull the award back, leading to Northrop filing a protest later in the month. That protest too has since been dismissed.
GSA will re-issue the solicitation, but did not say when in the industry day announcement on FedBizOpps.gov.
"The government will provide a presentation summarizing the DHS TIP procurement to Alliant contract holders and small businesses seeking subcontracting opportunities at the industry day," GSA stated in the notice. "Following the presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions about the requirements as well as networking opportunities for large and small business owners."
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)