Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bill changes life insurance payments to lump sum
Wednesday - 1/12/2011, 2:41pm EST
The Federal Life Insurance Transparency Act (H.R. 48) responds to concerns that the current payments to beneficiaries are put into accounts that are not federally insured.
The current system under the Federal Employees Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) is a checking account through an insurance company, known as a Total Control Account.
Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, said in a statement that the bill "gives federal employees more accountability when making critical benefits decisions for themselves and their family members and makes the process more transparent."
-- By Federal News Radio's Jolie Lee