Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
OMB to get new deputy director for budget
Monday - 1/10/2011, 4:27pm EST
Federal News Radio
President Obama intends to nominate Heather Higginbottom as the new deputy director for budget at OMB.
Higginbottom comes to OMB after serving as the deputy director of the White House Domestic Policy Council (DPC) since January 2009, OMB Director Jack Lew wrote in the OMB blog.
The DPC coordinates the domestic policy-making process in the White House and supervises the execution of those policies. It also advises the President and represents his priorities to Congress.
Higginbottom replaces Rob Nabors, who had served as deputy director since January 2009. Nabors is now senior advisor to interim White House Chief of Staff Pete Rouse.
Prior to joining the administration, Higginbottom was the deputy policy director for the Obama presidential campaign. Before working for Obama, Higginbottom spent eight years advising Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) on legislative and policy issues.
After the 2004 presidential election, Higginbottom founded and served as executive director of the American Security Project, a national security think tank "dedicated to fostering knowledge and understanding of a range of national security issues." She began her career as an advocate for the non-profit organization Communities in School and advised President Clinton on his Summit for America's Future in 1997.
A native of Binghamton, N.Y., Higginbottom received her bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Rochester and holds a master's in public policy from George Washington University.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)