Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
McDermott to retire from NRC after 38 years
Thursday - 12/23/2010, 3:47pm EST
Federal News Radio
Jim McDermott is retiring from the Nuclear Regulatory commission after more than 38 years in government.
McDermott, NRC's director in the Office of Human Resources, has been a stalwart in the federal community. He has helped NRC earn the top ranking in the Partnership for Public Service's Best Places to Work survey for the last two years.
McDermott's last day will be Jan. 1. NRC named Miriam Cohen to replace McDermott.
McDermott began his career in 1972 as a staffing and classification specialist with the Navy. He joined the NRC in 1976 as part of the personnel staff.
During his 30-plus years at NRC, McDermott was the assistant to the head of the agency and staff director in the Office of Administration.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)