Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
McDermott to retire from NRC after 38 years
Thursday - 12/23/2010, 3:47pm EST
Federal News Radio
Jim McDermott is retiring from the Nuclear Regulatory commission after more than 38 years in government.
McDermott, NRC's director in the Office of Human Resources, has been a stalwart in the federal community. He has helped NRC earn the top ranking in the Partnership for Public Service's Best Places to Work survey for the last two years.
McDermott's last day will be Jan. 1. NRC named Miriam Cohen to replace McDermott.
McDermott began his career in 1972 as a staffing and classification specialist with the Navy. He joined the NRC in 1976 as part of the personnel staff.
During his 30-plus years at NRC, McDermott was the assistant to the head of the agency and staff director in the Office of Administration.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)