Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DHS $450 million TASC contract protested
Thursday - 12/2/2010, 5:37pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department's financial management upgrade is on hold once again.
Global Computer Enterprises and Savantage Solutions protested DHS's award of its Transformation and Systems Consolidation (TASC) program to CACI on Nov. 22. The contract could be worth $450 million over 10 years.
GCE and Savantage submitted the protest to the Government Accountability Office Nov. 30. GAO now has 100 days to review the complaint. It must decide the case by March 10.
"I cannot comment on specific protests; however I can assure you, TASC was conducted as a full and open negotiated procurement in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation," said Larry Orluskie, DHS director of communications for the Under Secretary for Management.
A GCE spokesperson said it would be inappropriate to comment on the protest at this point.
Under TASC, DHS will integrate several back-office systems, including those that run their financial, acquisition and asset management applications.
This is the second protest of TASC. When DHS issued the RFP in 2008, Savantage Solutions protested it shortly thereafter.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)