Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Maryland launches BRAC blog
Thursday - 11/11/2010, 2:43pm EST
Federal News Radio
Maryland now has a blog dedicated to the Defense Department's Base Realignment And Closure (BRAC).
The blog -- called BRAC@U -- is a quick way to inform stakeholders about how the state is preparing for the expected addition of 30,000 military and civilian jobs by September, 15, 2011.
According to the blog, "Construction is underway, military commands are arriving, we're improving our roads and schools and we've invested in a workforce pipeline to meet the current and future mission needs."
"This new blog will serve as a great resource for Marylanders, business owners, job seekers and relocating families to learn about the progress we are making to successfully implement BRAC in our state," said Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown, chairman of the governor's Subcabinet on BRAC.