Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DHS issues $22 billion IT RFP
Tuesday - 11/2/2010, 1:54pm EDT
By Jason Miller
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department issued its much-awaited follow-on contract for technology services.
It focuses on four functional areas:
- Category 1 - Service Delivery will provide a full range of services and solutions in support of developing, implementing, and maintaining technology to support the DHS mission and business functions across the entire lifecycle of a program.
- Category 2 - Information Technology Program Support Services will provide the full range of business and technical management services in support of DHS offices or programs.
- Category 3 - Independent Test, Validation, Verification, and Evaluation (IV&V) will provide independent test, validation, verification, and evaluation solutions to ensure that all IT products and services meet DHS standards, and are performing to defined design, cost, schedule and performance specifications/capabilities.
DHS is setting aside specific awards for small businesses in all three categories, as well as 8(a), HUBZone, service-disabled veteran-owned firms in functional category one.
DHS states vendors can only bid in one functional area as a prime or core team member. If a company bids in more than one functional area, their bid will be deemed unacceptable.
Questions on the RFP are due Nov. 15, and bids are due for the unrestricted track by Jan. 11 and the small business track by Jan. 18.
DHS is following on to the multi-billion dollar EAGLE contract that gave spots to 25 companies on the unrestricted track and 28 on the small business Track. DHS calls that size manageable and beneficial for the program.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)