Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
OPM launches iPhone and iPad App for federal job seekers
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 1:49pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management launched a free USAJobs app for the iPhone and iPad.
The app allows job seekers to search the more than 30,000 federal jobs posted on USAJobs.gov and receive status updates on jobs they have applied to.
The app also includes a feature that allows the user to shake the phone to go to a detailed view of a job announcement, according to an OPM release.
"USAJobs.gov is a hugely successful site that helps people identify employment opportunities with Federal government agencies," OPM Director John Berry said in the release.
"These enhancements are helping us make USAJobs even more accessible to the American public," Berry said. "It is part of our commitment to simplifying the federal hiring process and providing the public with the tools they need to join the Federal workforce."
Since debuting last week, the app has been downloaded more than 50,000 times. The app is the first in a series planned for mobile devices.