Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Wennergren, others get new jobs at DoD
Tuesday - 10/5/2010, 7:30pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department announced reassignments for three members of its Senior Executive Service.
David Wennergren is the new assistant deputy chief management officer for the Office of the Deputy Secretary of Defense. Wennergren previously served as deputy assistant secretary of defense, information management, integration and technology, and deputy chief information officer, Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Federal News Radio told you last week that the DoD CIO's functions will move to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) as part of a redistribution of $100 billion in funds. Teri Takai's appointment as DoD CIO was withdrawn but there is speculation she will named to the post within DISA.
Other reassignments include:
- David Bennett has been assigned as program executive officer for Global Information Grid (GIG) Enterprise Services Engineering, Defense Information Systems Agency, Falls Church, Va. Bennett previously served as deputy program executive officer for GIG.
- Rebecca Harris has been assigned as deputy component acquisition executive, DISA. Harris previously served as program executive officer for GIG.