Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Zients to serve as OMB acting director
Friday - 7/30/2010, 11:56am EDT
Federal News Radio
Jeffrey Zients has been chosen to serve as acting director of the Office of Management and Budget until a new director is confirmed. President Obama has chosen Jack Lew to replace outgoing OMB Director Peter Orszag, whose last day at the agency is today.
Zients currently serves as OMB's deputy director for management and the first federal chief performance officer.
Rob Nabors will return to OMB as acting deputy director, a position he held before under Orszag. Nabors currently serves as senior adviser to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.
Politico has posted Orszag's farewell e-mail to OMB:
"As you know my last day in the Administration is today. It has been an honor and privilege to serve with you all.
"As I said at the Awards ceremony last week, everything we do at OMB is a group effort. All the success we have seen these past 18 months in shepherding some of the most significant legislative initiatives in generations derives from the work that we all have done together. For that, I thank you.
"Before you read about it in the press, I also wanted to let you know about the transition here at OMB. Until Jack Lew is confirmed as OMB Director, Jeff Zients will serve as Acting Director. Jeff Liebman [the current acting deputy director] has been planning to resume his teaching and research at Harvard and rejoin his family already back in Massachusetts. Rob Nabors will therefore return to OMB to take Jeff's place as Acting Deputy Director.
"Thanks again for all your hard work this past year and a half, and I look forward to following your accomplishments in the months and years to come.
(Copyright 2010 by Federal News Radio. All Rights Reserved.)