Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Energy Secretary and others head for the dunk tank
Monday - 7/26/2010, 1:42pm EDT
Senior Internet Editor
Despite today being expected to be one of the coolest days in weeks, federal officials are preparing to bare nearly-all to show support for a good cause.
The lunch-time Feds Feed Families Festival at the Department of Energy will bring together Energy Secretary Steven Chu, OPM Director John Berry, NNSA Administrator Thomas D'Agostino, CHCO Executive Director Kathryn Medina among others for an afternoon of "food, games, music and fun."
The speaking program begins at 10:00 am on the overhang area of the Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue SW with live music, karaoke, a basketball competition and a dunk tank to follow at about 10:30 am.
Even with a relatively cool predicted high temperature for the day of 88 degrees, Director Berry told Federal News Radio in an e-mail he will "definitely be volunteering to sit in the dunk tank" to advance the cause.
Federal News Radio has learned Energy Secretary Chu will be hitting the waves as well, along with NNSA Administrator D'Agostino.
CHCO Director Kathryn Medina will be among the agency leaders also braving the choppy waters of the tank.
Dunk tank in use. (warren.af.mil photo)
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)