Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
AFGE re-elects Gage as national president
Friday - 8/28/2009, 6:58am EDT
The American Federation of Government Employees elected John Gage to a third straight term as national president.
Gage won election Thursday during AFGE's national convention in Reno, Nev.
"There is much to do on behalf of federal workers," says Gage in a release. "It's our turn. Our focus is now on the midterm congressional elections and making sure the American people have the public services they deserve. We plan to help elect a Congress with men and women who are actually responsive to the needs of the American people, particularly the nation's working families."
Along with Gage, J. David Cox was elected as the National-Secretary Treasurer and Augusta Thomas is the new national vice president for Women's Fair Practices.
AFGE represents 600,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia.
On the Web:
PRNewswire - John Gage Wins Third Term As President of Nation's Largest Federal and DC Government Workers Union (press release)
AFGE - Press releases
FederalNewsRadio - AFGE on Obama: 'Says the right things' to feds
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)