Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
AFGE re-elects Gage as national president
Friday - 8/28/2009, 6:58am EDT
The American Federation of Government Employees elected John Gage to a third straight term as national president.
Gage won election Thursday during AFGE's national convention in Reno, Nev.
"There is much to do on behalf of federal workers," says Gage in a release. "It's our turn. Our focus is now on the midterm congressional elections and making sure the American people have the public services they deserve. We plan to help elect a Congress with men and women who are actually responsive to the needs of the American people, particularly the nation's working families."
Along with Gage, J. David Cox was elected as the National-Secretary Treasurer and Augusta Thomas is the new national vice president for Women's Fair Practices.
AFGE represents 600,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia.
On the Web:
PRNewswire - John Gage Wins Third Term As President of Nation's Largest Federal and DC Government Workers Union (press release)
AFGE - Press releases
FederalNewsRadio - AFGE on Obama: 'Says the right things' to feds
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)