Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
AFGE re-elects Gage as national president
Friday - 8/28/2009, 6:58am EDT
The American Federation of Government Employees elected John Gage to a third straight term as national president.
Gage won election Thursday during AFGE's national convention in Reno, Nev.
"There is much to do on behalf of federal workers," says Gage in a release. "It's our turn. Our focus is now on the midterm congressional elections and making sure the American people have the public services they deserve. We plan to help elect a Congress with men and women who are actually responsive to the needs of the American people, particularly the nation's working families."
Along with Gage, J. David Cox was elected as the National-Secretary Treasurer and Augusta Thomas is the new national vice president for Women's Fair Practices.
AFGE represents 600,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia.
On the Web:
PRNewswire - John Gage Wins Third Term As President of Nation's Largest Federal and DC Government Workers Union (press release)
AFGE - Press releases
FederalNewsRadio - AFGE on Obama: 'Says the right things' to feds
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)