Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GSA recognizes contracting excellences
Wednesday - 7/29/2009, 7:18pm EDT
Denise Jones, a contract specialist for the Defense Contract Management Agency, is $5,000 richer.
The General Services Administration honored Jones today for acquisition excellence by giving her the Ida Ustad award.
The award recognizes a government employee whose actions embody the concept of a contract specialist as a business leader or advisor with high ethical standards, and who has had a major impact on improving the acquisition process.
GSA established the annual award in 2001 to honor the memory of Ida Mae Ustad, who served as GSA's deputy associate administrator for acquisition policy.
Jones received the award for her work in establishing a procedure that ensures the government receives repairs at fair and reasonable prices.
She also encouraged her team to improve themselves. GSA says 90 percent of her team earned secondary degrees in their job-related specialties.
"An important part of our job is to reward those who exceed expectations, save taxpayer dollars, and set a standard that inspires the rest of our contracting workforce," says GSA acting chief acquisition officer David Drabkin in a release.
"The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has elevated the role played by our contracting officers even higher. Ms. Jones deserves congratulations for not only meeting this enormous challenge, but for doing so with energy, tenacity and creativity."
Drabkin presented the award July 27 at a ceremony in Marietta, Ga.
On the Web:
GSA -- Ida Ustad award
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)