Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DHS wants one view during disaster response
Wednesday - 4/1/2009, 3:33pm EDT
The Homeland Security Department issued a request for information March 30 for a vendor to provide technology to give the agency a common operating picture for natural or man-made disasters.
The common operating picture (COP) would be available for all federal, state and local governments, and would have to work across a wide variety of platforms, including low-bandwidth and outdated technology.
DHS wants industry responses by April 10.
In the RFI, DHS detailed nine functional areas of the COP, including collaboration using Web 2.0 tools, the display of geospatial information and interoperability among federal, state and local governments and within unclassified and classified networks.
Vendors also must show how the common operating picture would be used during different disaster scenarios such as earthquake, domestic unrest and a terrorist attack.
DHS issued the RFI in part to help meet the goals under the National Response Framework, published in December 2008.
The framework called for the COP to provide overall situational awareness for incident information, and to collection and share information on spot reports, situation reports, and other electronic reporting and information-sharing tools.
On the Web:
FedBizOpps.gov- DHS Common Operating Picture RFI
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)