Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
BTA's Pair to retire; Marines Allen to be promoted
Friday - 2/27/2009, 5:39pm EST
Maj. Gen. Carlos Pair is retiring from the Defense Department's Business Transformation Agency after 37 years of active service.
Pair has been the Defense Business Systems Acquisition Executive since November 2005. In that role, Pair advised the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Defense Business Systems Management Committee, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Business Transformation, services and agency directors across DoD business enterprise on matters of acquisition, development and deployment of 25 critical enterprise business systems.
BTA announced Pair's decision Feb. 25.
"Not often are agencies stood up, so there aren't many people who know how to do that," says Pair in the BTA's announcement. "First we had to come to grips with what the [acquisition executive] could and should be. We picked up 25 enterprise-level programs from five agencies and had to provide a common culture for our people and lead them to focus on what we were trying to accomplish. So, it was a learning by doing experience all the way."
Since December 2007 Pair deployed twice to the Middle East theater to help with acquisitions and logistics.
BTA did not say who would replace Pair.
In other DoD personnel news, the Marines chief information officer Brig. Gen. George Allen has been nominated to be a major general.
DoD secretary Robert Gates announced his intentions today.
On the Web:
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)