Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
GSA issues draft follow on to 8(a) Stars contract
Friday - 2/27/2009, 1:59pm EST
The General Services Administration issued the draft request for proposals for the follow on to the 8(a) Stars governmentwide acquisition contract.
In a notice on FedBizOpps.gov, GSA says as of now the contract will include two levels with four functional areas in each level.
8(a) Stars, which is for companies in the Small Business Administration's minority-owned business program, is a five-year base contract with one five-year option with a $10 billion ceiling.
GSA expects the full solicitation to be released in mid-April. The agency plans to launch a Stars 2 Web site on or about March 6 at www.gsa.gov/8astars2. Comments on the draft RFP are due March 31.
GSA also will hold industry conferences at various locations around the country during the weeks of March 9 and March 23.
Vendors will be asked to provide an assortment of IT services:
- Programming services
- Systems and design services
- Facilities management services
- Other services including disaster recovery and software installation services.
The current 8(a) stars contract includes eight functional areas, has a $15 billion ceiling and expires in June 2011. It includes 217 companies for around the country.
On the Web:
Fedbizopps.gov - Draft RFP
GSA - 8(a) Stars Web site
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)