Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DHS sets up efficiency review committee
Tuesday - 2/17/2009, 7:59pm EST
Homeland Security Department secretary Janet Napolitano is asking every office to figure out how to be more efficient and and promote greater accountability, transparency and customer satisfaction.
In a new agencywide directive issued Feb. 17, Napolitano says she created a new Efficiency Review Initiative Steering Committee, composed of key office and component leadership, to oversee this effort.
The committee will meet for the first time by Feb. 28. It will identify and develop strategies to reduce costs, streamline processes, eliminate duplication and improve transparency and customer service, she says in a release.
When she was Governor of Arizona, DHS says Napolitano oversaw a similar initiative resulting in more than $1 billion in savings and cost avoidances for the state government focused on procurement, energy conservation, travel, fleet management, training and electronic communications.
This is yet another directive Napolitano issued in the month since she was confirmed as DHS secretary.
She also is asked for information on cybersecurity, border security and several other DHS mission areas. Many of the reports were due today.
On the Web:
FederalNewsRadio - Napolitano wants to know more
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)