Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DHS sets up efficiency review committee
Tuesday - 2/17/2009, 7:59pm EST
By Jason Miller
Homeland Security Department secretary Janet Napolitano is asking every office to figure out how to be more efficient and and promote greater accountability, transparency and customer satisfaction.
In a new agencywide directive issued Feb. 17, Napolitano says she created a new Efficiency Review Initiative Steering Committee, composed of key office and component leadership, to oversee this effort.
The committee will meet for the first time by Feb. 28. It will identify and develop strategies to reduce costs, streamline processes, eliminate duplication and improve transparency and customer service, she says in a release.
When she was Governor of Arizona, DHS says Napolitano oversaw a similar initiative resulting in more than $1 billion in savings and cost avoidances for the state government focused on procurement, energy conservation, travel, fleet management, training and electronic communications.
This is yet another directive Napolitano issued in the month since she was confirmed as DHS secretary.
She also is asked for information on cybersecurity, border security and several other DHS mission areas. Many of the reports were due today.
On the Web:
FederalNewsRadio - Napolitano wants to know more
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)