Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
DHS sets up efficiency review committee
Tuesday - 2/17/2009, 7:59pm EST
Homeland Security Department secretary Janet Napolitano is asking every office to figure out how to be more efficient and and promote greater accountability, transparency and customer satisfaction.
In a new agencywide directive issued Feb. 17, Napolitano says she created a new Efficiency Review Initiative Steering Committee, composed of key office and component leadership, to oversee this effort.
The committee will meet for the first time by Feb. 28. It will identify and develop strategies to reduce costs, streamline processes, eliminate duplication and improve transparency and customer service, she says in a release.
When she was Governor of Arizona, DHS says Napolitano oversaw a similar initiative resulting in more than $1 billion in savings and cost avoidances for the state government focused on procurement, energy conservation, travel, fleet management, training and electronic communications.
This is yet another directive Napolitano issued in the month since she was confirmed as DHS secretary.
She also is asked for information on cybersecurity, border security and several other DHS mission areas. Many of the reports were due today.
On the Web:
FederalNewsRadio - Napolitano wants to know more
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)