Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
LOC hires SAIC for IT support
Friday - 1/30/2009, 1:46pm EST
The Library of Congress award to SAIC does not have anything to do with its digital preservation project.
By Jason Miller
The Library of Congress hired SAIC to provide customer information technology support services.
Under the five-year, $85 million deal, SAIC will develop technology systems to centralize their use of IT, conduct technology assessments and perform several types of testing.
SAIC also will develop change management processes, support Web and computer systems and develop common computing environment system and subsystem requirements.
Earlier this month, the Library also released open source software tools for cultural heritage organizations to use to send and receive digital data.
The Library says all the tools can be freely used and modified with minimal conditions.
The tools are available through SourceForge, the technology community's hub for open source software distribution and services, under the Library of Congress Transfer Tools project.
On the Web:
PR Newswire - SAIC Awarded $85 Million Contract by the Library of Congress (press release)
FederalNewsRadio - GIS maps path between yesterday and today
FederalNewsRadio - Library plans to collect sermons for inauguration
Library of Congress - Library Releases Software Tools (press release)
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)