Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
LOC hires SAIC for IT support
Friday - 1/30/2009, 1:46pm EST
The Library of Congress award to SAIC does not have anything to do with its digital preservation project.
By Jason Miller
The Library of Congress hired SAIC to provide customer information technology support services.
Under the five-year, $85 million deal, SAIC will develop technology systems to centralize their use of IT, conduct technology assessments and perform several types of testing.
SAIC also will develop change management processes, support Web and computer systems and develop common computing environment system and subsystem requirements.
Earlier this month, the Library also released open source software tools for cultural heritage organizations to use to send and receive digital data.
The Library says all the tools can be freely used and modified with minimal conditions.
The tools are available through SourceForge, the technology community's hub for open source software distribution and services, under the Library of Congress Transfer Tools project.
On the Web:
PR Newswire - SAIC Awarded $85 Million Contract by the Library of Congress (press release)
FederalNewsRadio - GIS maps path between yesterday and today
FederalNewsRadio - Library plans to collect sermons for inauguration
Library of Congress - Library Releases Software Tools (press release)
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)