Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Sen. McCaskill to lead new subcommittee on contracting
Thursday - 1/29/2009, 7:36pm EST
Chairman Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) announced that Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) will be the chairwoman of the Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight.
"Management of federal contracts is one of the greatest operational challenges facing the federal government," says Lieberman in a release. "Spending on federal contracts rose to an astounding $532 billion last year. And for years the Government Accountability Office has listed government contracting on its list of programs at high risk of waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement, or in need of comprehensive reform. This is a problem area that needs as much oversight as we can possibly muster."
Lieberman points to McCaskill's experience as Missouri's state auditor as one main reason why she is leading the new subcommittee.
Lieberman, Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and McCaskill were among the lead sponsors of contracting reform provisions passed as part of the 2009 Defense Authorization bill.
McCaskill also has led the move to give agency inspector generals more authorities.
For information: Committee press release