Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Defense Department is spending more than $35 billion to move 123,000 employees and change the makeup of more than 8,000 bases across the country under the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) initiative. In our special report, BRAC Impact: A Federal News Radio and WTOP In Depth Series, we explore the effect moving hundreds of thousands of workers across DoD will have on the military and the contractors that support them.
BRAC links and resources
Monday - 5/9/2011, 2:00am EDT
FEDERAL NEWS RADIO:
BRAC Archive Page -- archive of all Federal News Radio stories about BRAC
BRAC Impact Series -- archive of all stories from BRAC Impact: A Federal News Radio and WTOP In Depth Series
Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission Final Report (November 9, 2005) -- The Defense Department has until September 15, 2011 to complete implementation of these recommendations.
DoD Report on 2005 Defense Base Closure and Realignment Implementation: Vol 1 (August 2010) -- update on BRAC progress as of August 2010
Base Redevelopment and Realignment Manual (March 1, 2006) -- prescribes the procedures on how to reuse and redevelop bases
DoD final rule on the regulations governing BRAC (February 28, 2006)
Office of Economic Adjustment -- helps communities impacted by BRAC develop base reuse plans
SPECIFIC BRANCH/BASE PLANS:
Mark Center BRAC plan -- Alexandria, Va.
Washington Headquarters Service -- Under the 2005 BRAC Act, the WHS BRAC Program Office was formed to execute the relocation of DoD employees to Fort Belvoir.
Ft. Belvoir -- main page for all BRAC activities at Ft. Belvoir.
DISA BRAC Information Portal -- DISA is relocating for Ft. Meade, Md. as part of the 2005 BRAC initiative.
Ft. Meade Base Realignment and Closure page -- Ft. Meade, Md.
National Naval Medical Center BRAC page -- Bethesda, Md.
Quantico BRAC page -- Quantico, Va.
SELECTED GAO REPORTS ON BRAC:
Military Base Realignments and Closures: DOD Needs to Update Savings Estimates and Continue to Address Challenges in Consolidating Supply-Related Functions at Depot Maintenance Locations -- July 9, 2009
Estimated growth of communities impacted by BRAC -- March 2008
Federal Funding of Transportation Improvements in BRAC Cases -- Transportation Research Board of the National Academies (February 2011)