Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio interviews each of the finalists for the Partnership for Public Service's Service to America Medals. These awards are given out each year to the federal employees who exemplify what it means to be a public servant.
2013 Sammies Award Winners
Friday - 10/4/2013, 7:15am EDT
The Partnership for Public Service presented the Sammies Awards to "public servants whose achievements have improved the lives of countless Americans and others around the world," it said in a release.
"Smart, dedicated and driven public servants are making contributions that change the world for the better, and the Service to America Medals are a powerful reminder of the good that government does every day," Max Stier, president and CEO of the Partnership for Public Service, said in the release.
This year, more than 300 nominations were submitted, and 31 federal employees were selected as finalists.
Winners of the 2013 Service to America Medals. (Photo: Sam Kittner/Kittner.com)
Read on to learn more about the winners of the 2013 Sammies Awards.