The Next Generation
Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
FedCentral, hosted by veteran broadcaster Jane Norris, features federal executives and industry specialists exchanging insights and best practices on a wide range of issues - from cybersecurity and sustainability, to cost management and open government — to help government help America.
FISMA Reform and the pending Cybersecurity Bills
Friday - 10/29/2010, 5:09pm EDT
Representative Jim Langevin of Rhode Island and the Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs for Deloitte will discuss the reform of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and the pending Congressional Cybersecurity bills.
Guest: Congressman Jim Langevin (R.I.)
Deloitte Guest: The Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte
- Overview of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- FISMA reform
- Is it necessary?
- Makes specific individuals in departments and agencies accountable for information security
- Would it help with compliance?
- New Cybersecurity bill
- Should it mandate training certifications for new hires and on-going training for Government employees?