The Next Generation
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
FedCentral, hosted by veteran broadcaster Jane Norris, features federal executives and industry specialists exchanging insights and best practices on a wide range of issues - from cybersecurity and sustainability, to cost management and open government — to help government help America.
FISMA Reform and the pending Cybersecurity Bills
Friday - 10/29/2010, 5:09pm EDT
Representative Jim Langevin of Rhode Island and the Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs for Deloitte will discuss the reform of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and the pending Congressional Cybersecurity bills.
Guest: Congressman Jim Langevin (R.I.)
Deloitte Guest: The Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte
- Overview of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- FISMA reform
- Is it necessary?
- Makes specific individuals in departments and agencies accountable for information security
- Would it help with compliance?
- New Cybersecurity bill
- Should it mandate training certifications for new hires and on-going training for Government employees?