The Next Generation
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
FedCentral, hosted by veteran broadcaster Jane Norris, features federal executives and industry specialists exchanging insights and best practices on a wide range of issues - from cybersecurity and sustainability, to cost management and open government — to help government help America.
FISMA Reform and the pending Cybersecurity Bills
Friday - 10/29/2010, 5:09pm EDT
Representative Jim Langevin of Rhode Island and the Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs for Deloitte will discuss the reform of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and the pending Congressional Cybersecurity bills.
Guest: Congressman Jim Langevin (R.I.)
Deloitte Guest: The Honorable Tom Davis, Director of Federal Government Affairs, Deloitte
- Overview of the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- FISMA reform
- Is it necessary?
- Makes specific individuals in departments and agencies accountable for information security
- Would it help with compliance?
- New Cybersecurity bill
- Should it mandate training certifications for new hires and on-going training for Government employees?