Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Online Chat: VA Deputy Senior Procurement Executive Ford Heard
Monday - 6/30/2014, 2:53am EDT
During the chat, Heard discussed VA's efforts to improve the management of the agency's $18.2 billion procurement budget. He also answered questions from chat participants about a range of topics including training for the acquisition workforce, innovation in acquisition, and working with small businesses, among others.
In addition to answering questions during this online chat, Heard also appeared on Federal News Radio's In-Depth radio show to discuss the results of our exclusive survey of federal chief acquisition officers.
Editor's Note: Glenn Haggstrom, VA's chief acquisition officer, had previously been scheduled to participate in this event, but a scheduling conflict prevented him from attending.
Heard serves as the associate deputy assistant secretary for Procurement Policy, Systems and Oversight, where he is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing VA acquisition policy. On a national level, he manages and oversees VA's acquisition system, warranting of its acquisition workforce, and analytical support for its procurement programs. Heard's VA career spans 37 years.
ONLINE CHAT REGISTRATION:
Registration is required to attend this free online chat. Register now using the form below to view an archived version of this event. Please note: if you close the chat window after logging in, you will be asked to re-register for this event. Those who registered in advance should have received an email with instructions for accessing the chat.
Federal News Radio online chats are text only. There is no audio component. All online chats are archived and can be found here.
Having trouble accessing this online chat? Email Web Manager Julia Ziegler for assistance. By registering for this event, you agree to receive promotional and/or news alerts via email from Federal News Radio. Interested in other Federal News Radio online chats? View our archives.