Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Civil False Claims Act
Tuesday - 10/29/2013, 10:08pm EDT
They will discuss the Civil False Claims Act and what it means for government contractors and government as well.
The FCA dates back to the Civil War and was created to protect the federal government from fraud, by imposing liability for businesses that submit a false claim to the government or make a false statement to the government for the purpose of getting paid for services.
Barletta and Hurst will discuss the history of the statute, who determines whether a claim is fradulent, the penalties for contractors who are found guilty of defrauding the government, and the key features of a good compliance program.