Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DOE IG questions renewables office's hiring, contracting
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 2:53pm EDT
Under the stimulus law, the renewable office's budget soared, as did its need for qualified employees to hand out the billions of dollars in stimulus funds for clean energy projects.
The DOE IG report points to the hiring of one employee, a selecting official. This official was preselected for the position and apparently knew about the job before the public, according to the DOE IG report. After he was hired, the official performed government functions before becoming a federal employee.
The investigation also uncovered a "disturbing practice" where EERE officials asked contractors to hire specific individuals for the department's contracts.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.