Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Transparency, accountability drive growing EVM requirements
Monday - 3/1/2010, 5:09pm EST
Microsoft, in partnership with Unanet Technologies and SSI Consulting, together bring industry expertise on this subject which is valuable to government contractors making the move to Earned Value Management or wondering if they have it right for their organization today.
Christine Zmuda- Government Contractor Engagement Manager, Microsoft
Richard Hayden- Vice President of Product Marketing, Unanet
Tony Barrett- CEO, Valued Technology
William S. Aiton- President, SSI Consulting, INC
About the Guests:
Government Contractor Engagement Manager
In her 14 year tenure, Christine Zmuda has held several leadership and individual contributor positions at Microsoft. A pioneer at heart, much of her focus has been in early phase businesses at Microsoft. In the late nineties, Ms. Zmuda was part of a small team that brought Microsoft's first software as a service offering to market effectively growing that business to $75M in three years. Ms. Zmuda went on to lead the Midatlantic Platform business which was a $220M business with the focus of growing the midmarket infrastructure and applications installed base. In her current role, Ms. Zmuda leads the Microsoft Dynamics Strategy for financial management and contract management for government contractors. In this capacity, Ms. Zmuda works with the Microsoft product teams and extended partner solution provider teams to ensure Microsoft Dynamics meets the unique requirements of government cost accounting. Ms. Zmuda also leads much of the government community based efforts to include executive events as well as a blog for Government Contractors.
Prior to Microsoft, Ms. Zmuda was employed by Mobil Oil prior to the Exxon acquisition. At Mobil Oil, MS. Zmuda worked on one of the first EDI projects which automated inventory payments for US based company owned service stations. Her last position at Mobil involved working on several technology programs oriented at improving the customer experience like the Mobil Speed Pass, which remains a differentiator for Mobil Oil today.
Ms. Zmuda is a graduate of Michigan State University (B.A. degree) and American University (M.B.A.) Ms. Zmuda is a member of Secaf.org, Women in Technology, and the Professional Services Council. Ms. Zmuda also holds a board position on the Technology Council of Maryland.
Vice President of Product Marketing
Richard Hayden has over twenty years experience of domestic and international marketing at enterprise software companies located in the US and Europe. His expertise in the project and process management software industries helps Unanet determine the strategic positioning needed to successfully market its product line. At Unanet he is responsible for product requirements management, product marketing and partner communications. He leads the Unanet team in defining target markets and clarifying product features, and in marketing communications to customers, prospects and partners.
Prior to joining Unanet, Richard held senior marketing and sales management positions with enterprise software companies Artemis International, Advanced Management Solutions, and Pragma Systems Corporation. Richard has Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degrees in Electrical Engineering from University College Cork in Ireland, and an MBA from Henley Management College in England.
Tony J. Barrett
Mr. Tony J. Barrett, PE, EVP, PMP is Valued Technology's Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and the Director of Valued Technology's Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Consulting Group. Mr. Barrett is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a certified Earned Value Professional (EVP), and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He received his Bachelor's Degree from the United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) and his two Master's Degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) XII-A program.
He is an accomplished Program Manager with more than 25 years of success and accomplishments in Project and Program Management. This experience spans requirements analyses, concept exploration, systems development, full-scale development, full-scale production, and operational deployment and support.
His most recent accomplishments have been focused in the areas of designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining:
- ANSI/EIA 748 compliant Earned Value Management (EVM) systems for major, high risk, government acquisition programs
- Risk-Based and Scalable Earned Value Management (EVM) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems for smaller and medium-sized Government contractors.
Mr. Barrett also provides his expertise in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) to the owners of smaller Government Contractors as their adjunct Chief Performance Officer
William S. Aiton
SSI Consulting, Inc.
Bill is President of SSI Consulting, one of the largest Accounting Software resellers in the mid-Atlantic region and Microsoft's 2009 Partner of the Year. Bill manages a team of former CFO's, CPAs, and Controllers with deep experience in helping organizations transition to Microsoft accounting and ERP systems. SSI has helped over 300 organizations in the mid-Atlantic region achieve successful automated systems to support their mission and improve efficiency in accounting and business management. SSI is one of the top 100 Value Added Resellers in the US according to Accounting Technology Magazine. Although SSI has strong concentrations in Not for Profits and project driven firms, customers come from a wide variety of industries. Bill has helped businesses implement computerized accounting solutions to improve productivity and profitability since 1983.
Bill was a founding partner of LBMC Technologies, LLC. The firm is an affiliate of Lattimore, Black, Morgan and Cain, CPAs, the 50th largest CPA firm in the U.S. He built a team focused on Microsoft Great Plains, Solomon and SAP Business One as well as Microsoft CRM. This group has offices in Nashville and Knoxville and included 19 team members. LBMC Technologies is one of the top 5% of accounting software resellers. Bill was previously president of Business Computer Solutions, Inc. a company he founded in Knoxville, TN in 1983 and which LBMC Technologies acquired in 1997.
Bill worked for the University of Tennessee and The University of Virginia in business management for 12 years. In addition, he has taught computer courses at the graduate level at the University of Tennessee.
Education: Bill has an MBA from the University of Tennessee with a concentration in Accounting. His undergraduate degree is in Math and Physics from the University of Virginia.
Personal/Community: Bill is active in and continues to support many professional and civic organizations, including:
- Microsoft Partner of the Year 2008-09
- Microsoft Business Solutions President's Club member for 8 years
- Winner of Solomon Software Customer Service Award
- Winner of Solomon Software top regional Salesperson Award
- Executive Director, International Consulting Network
- Presenter for Tennessee Statewide Institute of Management Accountants
- Recipient of the Ron Herring Mission of Service award, Nashville Mankind Project
A native of South Carolina, Bill resides in Leesburg, Virginia with his wife, two golden retrievers. Bill enjoys horseback trail riding in his spare time.