Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Transparency, accountability drive growing EVM requirements
Monday - 3/1/2010, 5:09pm EST
Microsoft, in partnership with Unanet Technologies and SSI Consulting, together bring industry expertise on this subject which is valuable to government contractors making the move to Earned Value Management or wondering if they have it right for their organization today.
Christine Zmuda- Government Contractor Engagement Manager, Microsoft
Richard Hayden- Vice President of Product Marketing, Unanet
Tony Barrett- CEO, Valued Technology
William S. Aiton- President, SSI Consulting, INC
About the Guests:
Government Contractor Engagement Manager
Prior to Microsoft, Ms. Zmuda was employed by Mobil Oil prior to the Exxon acquisition. At Mobil Oil, MS. Zmuda worked on one of the first EDI projects which automated inventory payments for US based company owned service stations. Her last position at Mobil involved working on several technology programs oriented at improving the customer experience like the Mobil Speed Pass, which remains a differentiator for Mobil Oil today.
Ms. Zmuda is a graduate of Michigan State University (B.A. degree) and American University (M.B.A.) Ms. Zmuda is a member of Secaf.org, Women in Technology, and the Professional Services Council. Ms. Zmuda also holds a board position on the Technology Council of Maryland.
Vice President of Product Marketing
Prior to joining Unanet, Richard held senior marketing and sales management positions with enterprise software companies Artemis International, Advanced Management Solutions, and Pragma Systems Corporation. Richard has Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degrees in Electrical Engineering from University College Cork in Ireland, and an MBA from Henley Management College in England.
Tony J. Barrett
Mr. Tony J. Barrett, PE, EVP, PMP is Valued Technology's Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and the Director of Valued Technology's Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Consulting Group. Mr. Barrett is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), a certified Earned Value Professional (EVP), and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He received his Bachelor's Degree from the United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) and his two Master's Degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) XII-A program.
He is an accomplished Program Manager with more than 25 years of success and accomplishments in Project and Program Management. This experience spans requirements analyses, concept exploration, systems development, full-scale development, full-scale production, and operational deployment and support.
His most recent accomplishments have been focused in the areas of designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining:
- ANSI/EIA 748 compliant Earned Value Management (EVM) systems for major, high risk, government acquisition programs
- Risk-Based and Scalable Earned Value Management (EVM) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems for smaller and medium-sized Government contractors.
Mr. Barrett also provides his expertise in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) to the owners of smaller Government Contractors as their adjunct Chief Performance Officer
William S. Aiton
SSI Consulting, Inc.
Bill was a founding partner of LBMC Technologies, LLC. The firm is an affiliate of Lattimore, Black, Morgan and Cain, CPAs, the 50th largest CPA firm in the U.S. He built a team focused on Microsoft Great Plains, Solomon and SAP Business One as well as Microsoft CRM. This group has offices in Nashville and Knoxville and included 19 team members. LBMC Technologies is one of the top 5% of accounting software resellers. Bill was previously president of Business Computer Solutions, Inc. a company he founded in Knoxville, TN in 1983 and which LBMC Technologies acquired in 1997.
Bill worked for the University of Tennessee and The University of Virginia in business management for 12 years. In addition, he has taught computer courses at the graduate level at the University of Tennessee.
Education: Bill has an MBA from the University of Tennessee with a concentration in Accounting. His undergraduate degree is in Math and Physics from the University of Virginia.
Personal/Community: Bill is active in and continues to support many professional and civic organizations, including:
- Microsoft Partner of the Year 2008-09
- Microsoft Business Solutions President's Club member for 8 years
- Winner of Solomon Software Customer Service Award
- Winner of Solomon Software top regional Salesperson Award
- Executive Director, International Consulting Network
- Presenter for Tennessee Statewide Institute of Management Accountants
- Recipient of the Ron Herring Mission of Service award, Nashville Mankind Project
A native of South Carolina, Bill resides in Leesburg, Virginia with his wife, two golden retrievers. Bill enjoys horseback trail riding in his spare time.