Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
AFCEA NOVA 7th Annual Joint Warfighter IT Day
Thursday - 8/14/2014, 9:57am EDT
Thursday, September 4, 2014 - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Strengthening Joint Warfighter Capabilities Through Military/Industry Partnerships IT - Enabling the Mission Within Budget Realities
For more info and to register,click here
AFCEA NOVA is proud to host its 7th Annual Joint Warfighter IT Day, Thursday, September 4, 2014, at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel. The event will be a content rich day focusing on how Information Technology (IT) will play a critical role in improving mission effectiveness and warfighter support in this extremely challenging budget environment.
The Joint Warfighter IT Day is a one-day conference that will provide an opportunity to hear from Department of Defense (DoD) organizations and senior-leadership about their most pressing issues and challenges. This dynamic and high-powered conference will highlight major technology initiatives throughout DoD and how the latest advances in cyber security, cloud computing, mobile computing, data analytics and virtualization will be leveraged in support of the warfighter. The speakers will address their missions, requirements, challenges, strategies and discuss potential procurements that are of direct interest to audience participants.
This event will provide a forum for DoD leadership to share their vision and for companies to share their thoughts on how they are uniquely positioned to assist. Attendees will be able to directly engage with senior DoD leaders as they share their insights into current issues, priorities, philosophies, directives and goals that are driving warfighter support systems planning, acquisition, and sustainment. This is an outstanding opportunity to personally meet these senior Defense leaders and to "plant the seeds" for future visits to their staffs.
Additionally, you will learn what other companies are doing with these warfighter agencies, which can foster partnership opportunities.
You will learn:
• What are the top programs and initiatives and why they're the priorities
• New opportunities and innovative approaches to warfighter support
• Types of solutions DOD needs
• Expected programs coming online in the next two years
• Challenges of maintaining Information Dominance and how industry can help
• How industry can continue to work with the DOD to ensure successful implementation of new information technologies and the ultimate battlefield success of the warfighter
Tap into 10 Billion of near-term DoD Healthcare Management Modernization opportunities. Don't miss the unique Defense Health Agency Panel. Topics include; the challenges of replacement / consolidation of multiple legacy DOD Health IT Systems, modernizing Electronic Health Records (EHR), and the role of small business.
The Joint Warfighter IT Day also offers a small business breakout session to assure that the AFCEA NOVA small business community better understands how they can be successful in the current environment, and provides opportunities for sharing capabilities and "networking" with both government and industry partners.
Given today's budget challenges and the ever-increasing pace of technological innovation, the 7th Annual AFCEA NOVA Joint Warfighter IT Day is a must-attend conference.