Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Leukemia Ball 2014
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 12:16pm EST
The 2014 Leukemia Ball, presented by PhMRA is co-chaired by Candace Duncan, Managing Partner of KPMG's Washington Metro Area, and Dan Waetjen, Group President at BB&T. The co-chairs lead a stellar Executive Committee of more than 60 of the area's most talented, committed business leaders, who volunteer to plan the Ball and raise millions of dollars in support of LLS's mission.
Mercedes-Benz returns for the 18th year as the raffle presenting sponsor. Local Mercedes-Benz dealers have donated a 2014 E350 Sport Sedan (MSRP: $63,900) and a 2014 CLA250 (MSRP: $29,900) to be raffled off the night of the event. Raffle tickets are $100, and winners do not need to be present to win. Only 5,000 tickets are printed.
Guests will also enjoy a world-class silent auction, featuring exciting travel packages from American Airlines, as well as unique experience packages, sports and movie memorabilia, jewelry and more.
In recognition of their efforts to make an extraordinary difference in both the business and community environments, KPMG will receive the Titan of Business & Philanthropy award.
LLS will also present the James L. Eichberg Lifetime Achievement Award to Mr. Bobby Mitchell, NFL Hall of Famer and former Washington Redskin, and longtime volunteer of LLS. For 22 years, Mitchell hosted a Hall of Fame Golf Tournament which brought together NFL & NBA legends each summer, raising close to $8 million for LLS's mission. Mitchell will be recognized for his dedication to LLS and to the Washington, DC community.
Since 1988, the annual Leukemia Ball has raised close to $48 million for LLS's mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Each year, teams of dedicated volunteers have exceeded all goals and expectations, making the Leukemia Ball the largest non-political black-tie event in Washington, DC.
For sponsorship information, or to purchase tickets to the event or the Mercedes-Benz Raffle, please visit www.leukemiaball.org, or call (703) 399-2900.