Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Leukemia Ball 2014
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 12:16pm EST
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Leukemia Ball, presented by PhRMA, will return to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on Saturday, March 22, 2014. The much-anticipated annual event will feature the comedic talents of Ryan Hamilton, and a musical performance by Huey Lewis & The News.
The 2014 Leukemia Ball, presented by PhMRA is co-chaired by Candace Duncan, Managing Partner of KPMG's Washington Metro Area, and Dan Waetjen, Group President at BB&T. The co-chairs lead a stellar Executive Committee of more than 60 of the area's most talented, committed business leaders, who volunteer to plan the Ball and raise millions of dollars in support of LLS's mission.
Mercedes-Benz returns for the 18th year as the raffle presenting sponsor. Local Mercedes-Benz dealers have donated a 2014 E350 Sport Sedan (MSRP: $63,900) and a 2014 CLA250 (MSRP: $29,900) to be raffled off the night of the event. Raffle tickets are $100, and winners do not need to be present to win. Only 5,000 tickets are printed.
Guests will also enjoy a world-class silent auction, featuring exciting travel packages from American Airlines, as well as unique experience packages, sports and movie memorabilia, jewelry and more.
In recognition of their efforts to make an extraordinary difference in both the business and community environments, KPMG will receive the Titan of Business & Philanthropy award.
LLS will also present the James L. Eichberg Lifetime Achievement Award to Mr. Bobby Mitchell, NFL Hall of Famer and former Washington Redskin, and longtime volunteer of LLS. For 22 years, Mitchell hosted a Hall of Fame Golf Tournament which brought together NFL & NBA legends each summer, raising close to $8 million for LLS's mission. Mitchell will be recognized for his dedication to LLS and to the Washington, DC community.
Since 1988, the annual Leukemia Ball has raised close to $48 million for LLS's mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Each year, teams of dedicated volunteers have exceeded all goals and expectations, making the Leukemia Ball the largest non-political black-tie event in Washington, DC.
For sponsorship information, or to purchase tickets to the event or the Mercedes-Benz Raffle, please visit www.leukemiaball.org, or call (703) 399-2900.