Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
November Community Spotlight
Monday - 10/21/2013, 12:05pm EDT
The Federal News Radio Community Spotlight for November is The PenFed Foundation.
The PenFed Foundation is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization working to meet the unmet financial needs of military members and their families. The nonprofit organization helps support wounded warriors, and provides the military community with financial management assistance and home ownership aid as well as programs to increase financial literacy.
As part of a public-private partnership, the foundation also recently gifted to the Department of Veterans Affairs a new $11 million free hotel for veterans undergoing medical care called the Defenders Lodge.
PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) covers all labor expenses for the foundation so every dollar donated goes directly to supporting its programs. To make a donation or learn more about the foundation visit www.penfedfoundation.org.
The Federal News Radio charities are fed by Papa John's. Visit them at www.papajohns.com.