Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
UMUC Cybersecurity Scholarship Gala
Tuesday - 3/12/2013, 12:46pm EDT
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) will host its second cybersecurity scholarship gala—"An Evening in Cyberspace: Supporting Tomorrow's Cybersecurity Leaders"—on Saturday evening, April 6, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland.
This black-tie event raises funds to support scholarships to attend UMUC's cybersecurity programs and has become the premier social gathering for the area's cyber community. The gala attracts a veritable who's who of scholars, business and government leaders, researchers, and representation from the military's Cyber Command.
In addition to a keynote address from the Honorable William S. Cohen, Secretary of Defense (1997-2001), Chairman and CEO, The Cohen Group, UMUC will honor Tony Sager, director at the SANS Institute and former chief operating officer of the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Directorate, and Karen Evans, national director of the U.S. Cyber Challenge.
The gala is a unique opportunity for friends of UMUC to invest in our nation's security by helping to educate the people who will make up tomorrow's cyber workforce, which is currently facing a critical shortage of qualified professionals.
UMUC launched its first programs in cybersecurity in 2010. Since then, enrollments in undergraduate and graduate cybersecurity programs have grown to more than 5,000.
UMUC, a leading innovator in adult education, is well positioned to provide workforce-relevant undergraduate and graduate cybersecurity programs and has enlisted outstanding professionals with real-world experience to assist with their development as part of its Cybersecurity Think Tank. The university's cybersecurity curriculum is continuously reviewed to ensure that the content is relevant and on the cutting edge of available technology. It features an advanced virtual security studies lab that allows students to detect and combat simulated cyber attacks, taking them beyond theory and policies to give them experiential knowledge that they can apply immediately to the workplace.
To purchase your tickets and learn more about An Evening in Cyberspace, visit umuc.edu/cybersecuritygala.