Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
February Community Spotlight
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:48pm EST
The Federal News Radio - United Way Community Spotlight for February is the Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA.
They provide exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs, including military, wounded warriors, veterans and their families, have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
The regional affiliate serves the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia as the pre-eminent community service provider helping children, adults and seniors with disabilities and other needs live with equality, dignity and independence. For nearly 100 years, Easter Seals been creating opportunities for people with disabilities and expanding services to meet changing needs.
Easter Seals Adult Day Services provide compassionate care for seniors and adults who need assistance or medical supervision during the day. We offer transportation to centers, socialization, clinical oversight, mental health support, therapeutic recreational activities and rehabilitation services in a safe homelike environment.
Easter Seals Military & Veterans Programs Help veterans overcome barriers and transition to civilian life by addressing their unique physical and mental health needs. They provide family caregiver training, veterans employment programs, family respite, Little Warriors child care, and medical day services to veterans and wounded warriors.
The Easter Seals Respite Program connects generations to strengthen children and families by providing high-quality inclusion respite care. They Address needs of the whole family by helping them recharge; strengthens the relationship between spouses and between parents and their other children with and without disabilities.
The Easter Seals Senior+ Program is a public/private partnership inclusion program for seniors aged 55+ with mild disabilities and impairments. It provides assistance for seniors, enabling them to be fully involved in activities at senior centers, preventing further decline in their health.
Easter Seals Home & Community Therapy offers Individualized occupational, physical, cognitive and speech/language therapy for children and adults provided in-center and in homes, schools and other day care facilities. It provides cutting-edge therapy services to individuals from birth through 100+ years of age.
For more information and to support Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA, logon to eseal.org or call 301.588.8700.
Fedaral News Radio charities are fed by Papa Johns. Visit them at www.papajohns.com