Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
October Community Spotlight
Thursday - 9/20/2012, 1:04pm EDT
The Federal News Radio United Way Community Spotlight for October is the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund, commonly known as FEEA (fee-uh) is the only charity by and for federal employees and their families. It provides scholarships and emergency financial help to civilian federal families every day - more than $11.5 million in scholarships and over $8.5 million in emergency aid since 1986. FEEA recently added over $35,000 in disaster grants, helping more than 330 feds recover from Hurricane Isaac.
Want to know more about getting a no-interest loan of up to $1,000 for basic living needs, or need help recovering from a natural disaster? Check out FEEA's Emergency Assistance Program for all the details and application links.
Need scholarship information for yourself or a family member? Visit FEEA's Scholarship page to find a list of requirements, deadlines, and application information. Scholarships range from $500 - $5,000.
FEEA helps feds keep the lights on, clean up after natural disasters, send kids to college, and more. Find FEEA online or in your CFC catalogue under number 1-1-1-8-5 today. Donations from federal employees form the backbone of FEEA's efforts. Be a part of FEEA and a part of feds helping feds today!
The Federal News Radio Community Spotlight is sponsored by United Way. You can give, you can advocate, you can volunteer. That's what it means to Live United. For more information visit www.unitedwaynca.org.
Federal News Radio charities are fed by Papa Johns. Visit them at www.papajohns.com