Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio Honored With National Headliner Award
Monday - 4/9/2012, 4:52pm EDT
"What makes FederalNewsRadio.com so successful is the fact that everyone on our staff contributes to the web product - from our reporters and web staff, to our producers and anchors," said Julia Ziegler, web manager with Federal News Radio. "Our most innovative web projects always come from staff members bringing their individual skills, knowledge and ideas together."
The National Headliner Awards was founded in 1934 by the Press Club of Atlantic City. The National Headliner Awards program is one of the oldest and largest annual contests recognizing journalistic merit in the communications industry. Since 1934, Headliner medallions have been presented to outstanding writers, photographers, daily newspapers, magazines, graphic artists, radio and television stations and networks, and news syndicates.
"FederalNewsRadio.com is a very cool website," said Lisa Wolfe, Program Director at Federal News Radio. "We offer a lot of interactivity with our surveys, multimedia features, radio interviews on-demand, photo slide-shows and videos. We have improved the graphic experience with some excellent data visualization. The goal is to push our capabilities to be in the vanguard of digital journalism."
Last fall, FederalNewsRadio.com was redesigned to be the more accessible and interactive page it is today. The new design created a streamline of information where visitors can retrieve comprehensive coverage of critical information more quickly and easily. Other new features include the NewsStream - a real-time feed of the latest federal news and an expanded Agency page that allows visitors to find news specific to 76 different agencies within the federal government. FederalNewsRadio.com continues to highlight much of the same great content designed to meet the needs of the evolving federal community.
About Federal News Radio
Federal News Radio broadcasts in the Washington, D.C. metro on 1500 AM and 820 AM in Frederick. The station is the only radio station of its kind in the area and is a primary outlet for federal managers and contractors seeking news and information about the business of the federal government. Its website FederalNewsRadio.com features local and national federal news, original content, blogs and audio archives of all its programming. Federal News Radio and its sister station WTOP are owned and operated by Hubbard Radio, LLC.
# # #