Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio Survey Shows Telling Results About Feds Morale
Thursday - 2/16/2012, 11:43am EST
WASHINGTON, D.C. February 16, 2012: Federal News Radio 1500 AM announced the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey examining the morale of federal managers and employees following a two-year pay freeze and ongoing congressional debates over federal spending.
Close to 1,700 federal employees and managers were surveyed, with almost 44 percent rating their morale at the lowest levels. The top sited reasons for lack of morale include ineffective management and pay freezes. In addition, 1/3 of federal employees surveyed acknowledge that their managers have not used any motivational techniques for increasing morale.
This survey launches the start of a Federal News Radio special series titled, "Managing Morale." The three day series will feature direct responses from members of Congress and advice on improving morale issues from federal managers and leadership experts like John Berry, Director of the United States Office of Personnel Management.
Federal News Radio Program Director Lisa Wolfe says, "The interesting thing about our series is we get to see firsthand the state of mind of the federal employee whose livelihoods are being decided for them. We also give light to ideas federal managers can use to maintain positive work experiences."
The "Managing Morale" series is featured exclusively on Federal News Radio and FederalNewsRadio.com from Wednesday, February 15 and continuing through Friday, February 17.
Federal News Radio broadcasts in the Washington, D.C. metro on 1500 AM and 820 AM in Frederick. The station is the only radio station of its kind in the area and is a primary outlet for federal managers and contractors seeking news and information about the business of the federal government. Its website FederalNewsRadio.com features local and national federal news, original content, blogs and audio archives of all its programming. Federal News Radio and its sister station WTOP are owned and operated by Hubbard Radio, LLC.