Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio unveils the winners of "The Causeys"
Monday - 6/13/2011, 11:03am EDT
WASHINGTON, D.C. June 13, 2011 - Federal News Radio 1500 AM today announced the winners of the second annual Causey Awards.
The recipients were nominated by their peers for outstanding achievements and important contributions to the Human Capital Management field in 2010. The 2011 Causey Award winners are: John Berry, Director, U.S. Office of Personnel Management; Julia Ruffini, Field Office Chief, Defense Security Service; Debra Vess, Asst. CIO, HR Connect, Treasury; Maria Roat, Chief of Staff, DHS Office of Chief Information Officer; and Kathryn Medina, Executive Director, Chief Human Capital Officer Council OPM.
Federal News Radio recognized people who have gone above and beyond to help the government operate better whether serving as career employees, political appointees or contractors. The award honors Mike Causey, Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent, and his life-long dedication to the reporting of federal workforce management and federal pay and benefits issues.
Federal News Radio Program Director, Lisa Wolfe says, "It was an impressive field this year. Those singled out as Causey Award winners all made significant improvements that have affected a broad number of federal employees in a very positive way. It's exciting to report on their contributions and see government becoming that much more efficient as a direct result of their efforts."
This year's panel of judges included: Susan Tsui Grundmann, Chairman, Merit Systems Protection Board; Jon Desenberg, Senior Policy Director, The Performance Institute; Katie Rush, President, Young Government Leaders - Bethesda Chapter; Colleen Kelley, National President, National Treasury Employees Union; Mike Causey, Senior Correspondent, Federal News Radio; and Jason Miller, Executive Editor, Federal News Radio.
Federal News Radio broadcasts in the Washington, D.C. metro on 1500 AM and 820 AM in Frederick. The station is the only radio station of its kind in the area and is a primary outlet for federal managers and contractors seeking news and information about the business of the federal government. Its website FederalNewsRadio.com features local and national federal news, original content, blogs and audio archives of all its programming. Federal News Radio and its sister station WTOP are owned and operated by Hubbard Radio, LLC.