Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio Adds Ravens to Play-by-Play Lineup
Monday - 6/28/2010, 9:58am EDT
WASHINGTON, D.C. June 28, 2010 Bonneville Radio D.C. announced today that Federal News Radio 1500 AM WFED will become the Washington D.C. radio home for the Baltimore Ravens in the 2010 NFL Season.
This addition gives WFED the most robust line-up of sports play-by-play in the D.C. market with three local college teams and three professional teams, including Washington Nationals Baseball and Washington Capitals Hockey.
For the Baltimore Ravens, WFED will act as an affiliate to their current radio network. In the event the Ravens play at the same time as a previously scheduled play-by-play broadcast on WFED, the Ravens will air on WFED's alternate sports signal 1050 AM.
Bonneville Radio D.C. Senior Regional VP Joel Oxley says, "We are excited to work with one of the NFL's premier franchises. This latest addition to our programming further increases WFED's profile as the top place for radio play-by-play sports in the Mid-Atlantic."
The Ravens VP of Corporate Sales and Development Mark Burdett added, "It's outstanding to have such a well-established station and station group as Bonneville become our network affiliate in Washington D.C. We are pleased to be able to serve our many and growing number of fans in D.C. and to complement the already outstanding lineup of live play-by-play team broadcasts."
Federal News Radio broadcasts in the Washington metropolitan area on 1500 AM. The station is a primary outlet for federal managers and contractors seeking news and information about the business of the federal government. Its website FederalNewsRadio.com features audio archives of all its programming as well as local and national federal news, original content, blogs, and more. Federal News Radio and its sister station, all-news WTOP Radio, is owned by Bonneville International Corporation.
Bonneville International (www.bonneville.com) is an award-winning, dynamic and diversified media company with radio operations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Cincinnati. Known not only as a leader in the industry but also as a values-driven company, Bonneville's mission is to "Make a Difference" in the communities where it operates.