Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
He joined Federal News Radio in 2006 as the producer and news anchor of the station's morning drive program, The Federal Drive. He launched In Depth in 2008 as a daily two-hour show focused on connecting federal executives to the information they need to do their jobs better. The show was expanded to four hours in 2011.
Francis has created several high-profile series within his program, including the Federal News Countdown, a weekly live recap of the most important news stories as chosen by members of the Federal community; Pentagon Solutions, a conversation with defense experts inside and outside DoD on the biggest issues affecting the Pentagon; and Industry Chatter, a discussion with vendors about trends in the marketplace, policies, regulations, and the needs of the government customer.
News and talk radio trade magazine Talkers selected "In Depth with Francis Rose" to its list of the 250 most important talk shows in America in 2012. Francis appears on radio stations across America, providing information and analysis on the operations of the federal government. He is a regular contributor to NewsChannel 8/DC's "Capital Insider" program.
Francis's 25-year broadcast career includes stops at America's leading broadcasters, including ABC Radio, CBS Radio, and Westwood One.
Before joining Federal News Radio, he covered the executive and legislative branches of government as a host and anchor on C-SPAN Radio. While at the network, he hosted the weekly "Supreme Court Oral Argument" and produced and hosted countless long-form historical programs, including an acclaimed retrospective on the 50th anniversary of the Army-McCarthy hearings.
Francis's involvement in the federal community includes serving as host of panel discussions and live broadcasts from events such as FOSE. Francis studied English at York College of Pennsylvania and Towson University. He lives in Maryland with his wife and son.