Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
He joined Federal News Radio in 2006 as the producer and news anchor of the station's morning drive program, The Federal Drive. He launched In Depth in 2008 as a daily two-hour show focused on connecting federal executives to the information they need to do their jobs better. The show was expanded to four hours in 2011.
Francis has created several high-profile series within his program, including the Federal News Countdown, a weekly live recap of the most important news stories as chosen by members of the Federal community; Pentagon Solutions, a conversation with defense experts inside and outside DoD on the biggest issues affecting the Pentagon; and Industry Chatter, a discussion with vendors about trends in the marketplace, policies, regulations, and the needs of the government customer.
News and talk radio trade magazine Talkers selected "In Depth with Francis Rose" to its list of the 250 most important talk shows in America in 2012. Francis appears on radio stations across America, providing information and analysis on the operations of the federal government. He is a regular contributor to NewsChannel 8/DC's "Capital Insider" program.
Francis's 25-year broadcast career includes stops at America's leading broadcasters, including ABC Radio, CBS Radio, and Westwood One.
Before joining Federal News Radio, he covered the executive and legislative branches of government as a host and anchor on C-SPAN Radio. While at the network, he hosted the weekly "Supreme Court Oral Argument" and produced and hosted countless long-form historical programs, including an acclaimed retrospective on the 50th anniversary of the Army-McCarthy hearings.
Francis's involvement in the federal community includes serving as host of panel discussions and live broadcasts from events such as FOSE. Francis studied English at York College of Pennsylvania and Towson University. He lives in Maryland with his wife and son.