Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
He started out at a small weekly newspaper in Peterborough, New Hampshire in 1977, after graduating from the Rochester Institute of Technology. Tom is now a communications and publishing consultant.
Before joining Federal News Radio, Tom wrote (and continues to write) a column on government IT and acquisition topics. He was a regular guest on Federal News Radio before joining the team.
When not working, Tom plays keyboard in two bands, subscribing to the late Liberace's philosophy, "I ain't good, but I got guts."
A devotee of baseball, Tom keeps scorebooks for the 25 or so games a year he manages to attend each season. To counteract the beer and peanuts from sports venues, Tom is a runner, having completed 11 marathons, including four Boston Marathons (so far).
Tom and his wife live in Rockville, Md. They have two kids as well as a black greyhound.