Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Freelance Radio Producer (On-Call)
POSTED DATE: July 10, 2014
TITLE OF POSITION: Freelance Radio Producer
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
DEPARTMENT: WFED Programming
LOCATION: 3400 Idaho Ave., NW, Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt (hourly)
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Contribute daily across all media platforms to make Federal News Radio the leading provider of timely and relevant news and information about the people, policies and programs of the federal government. Contribute to the understanding of how the human resources, technology, financial management and acquisition policies affect federal managers and contractors. Understand and demonstrate the station's mission statement though your story selection, liveshot bookings and audio editing. Develop enterprise news sources for original news content on-air and online. Write news stories, leads, teases and tags and original news articles from exclusive Federal News Radio on-air interviews in a clear, concise fashion on deadline and in an accurate and timely manner.
- 1-3 years news experience
- Proven ability to find and develop news sources
- Ability to communicate effectively in live radio situations, online and under deadline
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, breaking news situations
- Excellent writing and editing skills under tight deadlines
- Understanding of social media and its relationship with news consumers, online marketing and web traffic
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Project appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- 2-3 years broadcast news experience
- Experience covering the people, programs, and policies of the federal government
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition, Burli and ENCO
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds with no more than 40 db loss @500Hz with or without correction
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including human body
- Visual acuity requirements for machine operators of administrative standard
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: activities may occur inside and outside. During breaking news stories, the worker could be subject to extreme hot, or extreme cold, or working in hazardous news situations.
Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC Application Procedures:
No phone calls please
- Application can be downloaded from the website.
- Hubbard Radio Washington, D.C., LLC does not allow walk-in applicants into the facility.
- Applications will only be accepted for positions posted on this web site.
- Submitting an application for positions not posted will not be accepted.
- A resume will not be accepted unless submitted with our application.
Hubbard Radio Washington D.C., LLC
Attn. HR / 3400 Idaho Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016
An Equal Opportunity Employer