Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Causeys recognize the exceptional efforts of distinguished individuals who work in the human capital management field specifically on pay, benefits, human resources and human capital issues in the federal government and in industry. Awards are given out on an annual basis.
Neil Barofsky, SIGTARP
Friday - 5/21/2010, 3:38pm EDT
TITLE: Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program
Neil built the Office of the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Protection Program from two people to 100 people in one year. It would be easy to say that his staff did this, but in the beginning, he had no staff except himself and his Deputy. It's similar to going from zero to sixty under four seconds -- your head snaps back and the acceleration pushes your body into the seat. Imagine doubling your staff every two months and still getting out a quarterly report to Congress on a regular basis. Providing oversight for the TARP is a big job -- $700 billion big! To accomplish this task in a city of politics and patronage is no small task. This is Neil's strength. He really is looking out for the American taxpayer and not the politicians or the banks. (Read the full nomination.)
"Great leadership"…"Impressive"…"Dedicated"…"Way beyond ‘above and beyond'"…"Huge accomplishment in a short amount of time...."
See the complete list of Causey Award winners by clicking here.
And for a "web bonus" vegetarian chili recipe from Neil Barofsky, click here.