Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Causeys recognize the exceptional efforts of distinguished individuals who work in the human capital management field specifically on pay, benefits, human resources and human capital issues in the federal government and in industry. Awards are given out on an annual basis.
Sabrina Segal, USAID
Friday - 5/21/2010, 3:36pm EDT
TITLE: Attorney Advisor
AGENCY: U.S. Agency for International Development
Using her own initiative, Ms. Segal formed and led a team of attorneys to build a knowledge management tool for the Office of the General Counsel to replace a failing prior deployment that had generally fallen out of use. When funding for design, consulting, and file migration came up short, Ms. Segal purchased a book about SharePoint, taught herself how to customize a SharePoint website, and assiduously implemented the project manually over several months. Ms. Segal personally trained the entire Office of the General counsel at an ongoing series of group and one-on-one training sessions. The new deployment came into full operation before the end of 2009 and is now used throughout the Office of the General Counsel. The site includes a meta tagged file storage database, a comprehensive searchable wiki, and communication forums for each individual sub-office, calendars, announcements, and other important knowledge management tools. (Read the full nomination.)
"Dedicated"..."Innovative"…"Impressive accomplishments"..."Proactive"…"Her emphasis on knowledge management and training will serve our government well…"
We started them off, but it was up to them to complete the thought. This is meant to give some insight into what makes these unique individuals the people they are and what makes them a Causey Award winner.
- I remember when microwaves took up the entire kitchen counter, computers couldn't help you talk to your family when you were halfway around the world, and the word "Google" was not a verb.
- The President hasgot to be exhausted by now!
- I like it whenI feel like I have done something positive for people around me.
- If I could do it over againI would have paid more attention in math class, Spanish class, and during piano lessons.
- Always havea sense of adventure and don't be afraid to ask 'why?'
- The biggest lessonI've learned is to make the best of where you are. You may not be in your dream job or remotely close to where you thought you'd be when you were planning your life but always try to look for the positive and learn as much as you can from the situations you're in. The more information you take with you, the more it will help you in the next phase of your life.
- Never takeany opportunities for granted. You never know when the skills you pick up from a totally unexpected opportunity will help you get to your ultimate goal in the future. You may not know at the moment, but there is a reason why you are there. It's all part of the plan.
- At the end of the dayI love to lay on the couch with my fiancé and, finally, sit still for a moment.
- Moretime in the day please!
- Every dayI appreciate where I am, where I have come from, and the strength I get from my friends and family to keep working towards my goals.