Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Czech fugitive appears in South African court
Monday - 12/2/2013, 11:50am EST
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir, who faces charges of attempted murder, assault and kidnapping, appeared in court for a bail hearing amid tight security.
Krejcir was arrested by South African police at his home in Johannesburg in the early on November 23 on charges relating to events in June 2013. During the bail application, the court heard that Krejcir had been involved in a drugs deal that had gone wrong.
He is accused with three other people, including two members of the South African police's special investigative unit.
Krejcir, who denied all charges, has been linked to underworld figures in Johannesburg and local media have reported the killings of several of his alleged associates in recent weeks.
The bail hearing continues on Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.