Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Czech fugitive appears in South African court
Monday - 12/2/2013, 11:50am EST
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir, who faces charges of attempted murder, assault and kidnapping, appeared in court for a bail hearing amid tight security.
Krejcir was arrested by South African police at his home in Johannesburg in the early on November 23 on charges relating to events in June 2013. During the bail application, the court heard that Krejcir had been involved in a drugs deal that had gone wrong.
He is accused with three other people, including two members of the South African police's special investigative unit.
Krejcir, who denied all charges, has been linked to underworld figures in Johannesburg and local media have reported the killings of several of his alleged associates in recent weeks.
The bail hearing continues on Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.