Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Sole opposition TV channel in Venez makes changes
Friday - 5/3/2013, 11:30am EDT
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- Venezuela's only opposition television channel says it is bringing in new management after its sale to new owners, but pledges to maintain its critical line against the government.
Leopoldo Castillo is Globovision's main news anchor and said journalist Vladimir Villegas would become news director.
A harsh government critic, Castillo said Thursday night he was confident he could work with Villegas and the new owner, businessman Juan Domingo Cordero, "without compromising my principles or values or changing Globovision's 12 extraordinary years of history."
He said the sale would be completed Friday.
Villegas is a brother of Information Minister Ernesto Villegas but has been a longtime government critic and is widely seen as a defender of human rights and press freedom. Castillo said he hoped the new arrangement would give the channel more access to officials.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.