Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
AP PHOTOS: Bangladesh building collapse
Friday - 4/26/2013, 12:46pm EDT
The Associated Press
Garment workers trapped in the rubble plead for help. Rescuers, some in hardhats and others wearing slippers, dig through the broken concrete. They fashion bolts of colorful cloth into makeshift stretchers to lift and carry hurt survivors and dead victims.
Thousands of relatives wail their grief and worry outside a collapsed building in Savar, Bangladesh, where more than 300 people were killed and 2,200 rescued.
It is the worst-ever disaster in Bangladesh's $20 billion-a-year garment industry, which supplies global retailers but is notorious for its poor safety record.
Here are some images from the scene.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.