Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
South African president visits Mandela in hospital
Thursday - 4/4/2013, 12:40pm EDT
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- South Africa's president says Nelson Mandela is responding well to treatment for pneumonia in a hospital.
A statement from President Jacob Zuma's office says he visited 94-year-old Mandela on Thursday and was informed by doctors that the former president's condition is improving.
The statement quotes Zuma as saying that Mandela is stable and responding well to treatment.
Mandela was admitted to a Pretoria hospital on the night of March 27. It is his third trip to a hospital since December, when he was treated for a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones. Earlier in March, he spent a night in a hospital for what officials said was a scheduled medical test.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.